Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Addison is GOING GREEN

I have been thinking a lot lately about Nature vs. Nurture. Watching Addison grow into her personality and watching her learn new things everyday, it makes me very curious. Although I believe I must say I don't know how this child has a chance either way. Considering Joshua is her Father and I her Mother, I sometimes sit and wonder just how crazy she'll be. I just hope that someday she will learn to embrace the quirkyness because it's absolutely futile to try and go against it. That being said. I am pretty sure that ENVY is something this child was born with. I don't think joshua and I are the overly jealous type. And while we do enjoy having some luxuries I also wouldn't consider us to be so worried about what we do, or don't have. Addison, I am sorry to say, has got a wild streak of jealousy that has come out of nowhere. I try to explain to her nicely, 'Honey.. we need to be happy with the things that we have. You can't always get everything you see that you want. Or that someone else has.' When that doesn't work, I try the more firm, 'You get what you get, and you don't get upset!' Sadly, she doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. For as soon as I am done talking to her she goes right back to staring longingly at whatever it is she wants that moment and trying to get it. Please do enjoy yourself examining the evidence, while I hang my head in defeat.


At first glance, you may think 'Oh, how precious, they are holding hands!' OH no.. do not be fooled by her mind tricks. She went to grab the toy on the sly, and Kapri noticed just in time and quickly distracted her by sticking her arm in the way. This here is the part where Addison, not one to be fooled for long, is pushing Kapri's arm out of the way so she can use her cunning skills to snatch the toy out of her grasp.




This picture is just so I can show you proof that I am not just a mean mom. Yes. She absolutely DID have her own toy to begin with. It just wasn't the one she wanted. Of course she wanted it before she happened to glance upon what Kapri had.





oh crap. I somehow got this picture on here twice and I can't figure out how to get it off.
just ignore it!













See this is the part where Kapri had had enough. 'Just take the toy I say, TAKE IT' (Kapri's words, not mine)



hehe.. so sorry to fool you into thinking 'SWEET SUNRISE, it's an EPIC post from Shonni! BY GOLLY I bet she's got some insightful and interesting things to share with us!'
Little did you know I was setting you up to read a whole lot of NONSENSE!
and YES addison ABSOLUTELY inherited her CUNNINGNESS from her mother!

2 comments:

  1. In the last two pictures my poor child looks so dang tired!! Or annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am very glad you have decided to post!

    ReplyDelete