Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter with the fams

Okay.. so for easter, we went up to Heber for lunch and to see grandma Chrissy and the gang. SOMEHOW, I didn't end up with any pictures. Probably due to the fact that josh is not so awesome at taking pictures, and I get so mixed up in the hubub of diapers and feeding and changing and angry I don't want to wear this big puff ball dress that I look freiking cute in confusion that I tend to forget. So if you want to see picturesfrom that part of the day you'll have to meander over to grandma Chrissy's blog where there are plenty to go around.
After lunch and a fun game of Texas Holdem, that we didn't have time to finish, but I ended up with the most chips (IN YOUR FACE JOSHUA!!) We went to Jalynn's house for some desert and Easter Egg Hunts! Addie and her dad got some eggs with candy (of course addie couldn't eat it, but that's what her mother is for! I eat it, then she gets to taste it later) If you'll notice in the pictures.. both of them could really care less about the hunt.Josh has just learned it's better for his health if he just goes along with it and well, addison is pretty helpless at this point.

Smasher (ashlyn)

peaches lookin at me like.. seriously mom? I can't even pick up the egg!






Cadydid




Teag





Kos bos's cute bum again



My mom started a tradition a few years ago that is my FAVORITE!! She does an easter egg hunt for her kiddos. So as couples we have to be tied together.Grandkids get to hide all of these eggs. so I think my mom has fun doing the prizes. Last year she had free babysitting coupons in the eggs. Boy were those a big hit. Interestingly enough there weren't any of those in the eggs this year. I think she changed her mind about giving those out so freely after people started redeeming them last year. Anyway, Josh and I got the LEAST amount of money out of everyone because I guess we sucked. But that's okaybecause we got the best number, so we got to pick the first prize.. we picked the big thing of laffy taffys cus those are delicious. Also, I got an awesome bruise on my arm from the rope. That's what happens when you have a competative streak for these sorts of things and your husband is holding you back. He just doesn't understand my potential. (Besides, if anyone was wondering, before I met Josh, I didn't have a competative bone in me. It's all his fault that I am now a sore loser and an obnoxious winner. He has taught me the value of a victory dance. So I say to him.. you've made your bed, now lie in it!!)

gettin all tied up for our egg hunt



annnnddd GO!!
from left to right
Shawn and Jalynn, Taelor and Aubrie, Joshua and me, Traci and Jesse
(only named the competitors)






As if we didn't have enough fun for the day, it was nice out and we were bored. So we started some relay races with the kids. Then some obstical courses. There were many a giggle, tumble and victory dance.. here are some pics of the fun.













HAHA.. right after this picture was taken.. Taelor and Koston tumbled and rolled down the hill. I don't know how taelor ended up with Koston, but together it was way too top heavy.






























No comments:

Post a Comment