So.. the main reason for our trip was to see Nonni. Addison's great grandma whom she was named after- Addison 'Effie', Wilma 'Effie'. It was wonderful to see her, as always.
'Happy ST. Patricks Day' hehe oops.. a little late I guess. We went to the grocery store that day and addison was in this outfit above. Although you can't see the cute jean dress and tights she also had on. Some guy at the store asked if she was a boy or girl. .. seriously? What more could I possibly do to make it more obvious? Paint 'FEMALE' on her forehead? 'sigh' I was so confused at this man that I couldn't even form an answer, he probably walked away thinking I was the crazy one. hehe I love that her little button was the green she wore for the day.
Nonni rocking addie in her chair and singing and dancing to the music. I tried to get video of it, but of course the second grandma notices the camera she stops all her cuteness.
Swinging in the backyard. It was SOO beautiful that day. It makes me sad that it's freezing and windy here right now. there is some snow on the ground in my front yard. :(
So.. funny story. I wanted a picture of grandma's hand with Addison's hand. Grandma threw all sorts of a fit. Apparently she isn't too fond of the way her 'old' hand looks. Well, I tried to explain to her that's the beauty of it. The whole point of the picture is the contrast. Grandma's hand, beautiful because of everything it's been through in it's 83 years. The amount of things those beautiful hands did nurturing her family and friends. Every wrinkle, sunspot, scar and anything else some may consider a 'blemish' on that hand was earned. Leading up to the tiny brand new 'perfect' hand of her namesake. That tiny hand is the exact reason she did all of those wonderful yet hard things all of her life. For her family, because our family was so important to her. To me she has always been the perfect grandma and I have looked up to her. And that is why Addison 'Effie' York was named after her. Anyway, she didn't buy my nonsense and after a few arguments I FINALLY convinced her to let me take the picture, but it had to be of the palm of her hand. Couldn't be the other side because it wouldn't look good or something. 'sigh' grandma.. gotta love her.



I love your pictures! And the picutre with Nonni's hand is the best!
ReplyDelete